What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 29 June 2013

Nectarine baby - Week 14




Hey baby!

This is you!! How cool is that?
The scan was wonderful, you were wiggling around like crazy and we got to hear your heartbeat loud and clear. Everything is very much ok and normal and right now your are the size of a nectarine.

And good news: you have a cot! We bought a pretty white cot for you and it's all ready and waiting. A few other things too. You got your first gift: Grandma Silvia sent you from Brazil a blanket and a pair of cute yellow booties so your feet don't get cold.

Speaking of which, you are missing out on two things happening in Brazil right now: Festa Junina, which are a great opportunity to eat a lot, act silly and wear funny clothes; and a revolution! People over there are fighting the government so you can have a better future without the nasty bits like corruption and such.

Also, Kim Kardashian had her baby and named her North West. Chill out, we are not naming you after a direction. Or One Direction. We have a few names picked out, but first we need to find out if you are boy or girl.

So what's it gonna be?

I also found out a couple of other friends whom I love are pregnant too, so you are going to have a lot of friends to play with!

All and all, we are doing ok, you and I. There's a hint of belly showing, just enough to make me look fat, not enough to make me look pregnant yet. You may be born a cow, from all the salt I'm craving. And also, all the water I'm drinking. Maybe you want to be in the sea?? I think we need a beach vacation to get away from this bliming freezing cold. Let's work on that, shall we?



No comments:

Post a Comment