What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 29 June 2013

"I think of you every morning" Week 11

Hi bean!

It's week 11 now and you are the size of a fig. I have not gain a single gram of weight (and lost 2kg), for which I'm most grateful and also a bit paranoid. I guess the weight will come eventually, once you start eating and growing and making my belly grow too.

I haven't written in a while because we were moving! Our friends helped us with the move and that was awesome, because nobody would let me carry anything! We are now in a new house, bigger, and you have your own designated room. I've been dreaming about it now: decorating the nursery, where to put your things, where you'll sleep, where we won't, where you'll spill grape juice, where we'll take heaps of pictures,where we'll play.
As of today you own: one box of diapers and one pack of  baby wipes. One rattle. One pair of gumboots. One set of mittens and a cap. A comb and brush set. Not a lot, really, but I promise there will be heaps of stuff for you once you get here! How do you feel about grey and yellow?

I can't wait for this wednesday, when we get to see you again in a scan. I hope you are ok and enjoying the accomodation, because I'm all good so far, no more nausea, no nothing. Face skin is a bit ugly and bumpy, but that I can handle.

We are telling more people about you now and everybody seems so genuinely happy for us, it's an amazing experience. This week we'll post on facebook for everybody to see and I'm looking forward to it! I even took an amazing photo for the announcement, with the family of gumboots, it so cute.

Oh, that title is from a song I was just listening to, called Sentimental reasons. I'm sure you'll hear it at least once. I'll play it for you, I promise. 

Just in case you were wondering, Kim Kardashian is having a girl. Karma, I guess. Lets hope she takes better care of her baby than her mama did of her.




No comments:

Post a Comment