What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday 29 June 2013

Week 8, but not.

Hey baby.

We now have a picture of you! I've been in the hospital for scan and your are actually 5 weeks and 4 days, not 8 weeks as I previously thought. Your pic is already up in our fridge. Your look like a white blob, but there's lots of room for improvement.

We've told my brother, the inlaws and one sister in law this week and it was glorious! I'm dying to tell everyone about you, but this is one time where it pays to be extra cautious, I guess.

We bought you a blue pair of gumboots, so I can take a pretty picture for your announcement.
Also big news this week: we met Hannah, my lovely midwife. She is young and blonde and very nice and asked a ton of questions to make sure we are good to go. She also gave me a ton of information and even a sample of baby wipes and baby shampoo! I was a little overwhelmed when we left the office, but guess it's all good now. There's not a lot to do at this point, except to take my folic acid and iodine pills and eat very healthy.
And I'm sorry about all the ham I was eating, apparently that's a no-no =(


This weekend Daddy and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and this has been the best gift ever. We went out for dinner and to the movies yesterday, "Iron Man 3". I'm considering the name Jarvis now.

It makes me smile to see Daddy so desperate to buy a cot, a stroller and a new "safe" car!

If everything else in this weird world fails you, please remember that this little family is made with love. Daddy and I love each other in ways that we can barely explain, and all this love have made you. So you can rest assure, if everything goes under, you are loved, even right now, when you but a bunch of cells patched together.

No comments:

Post a Comment