What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday 4 October 2013

Week 28 - Lettuce Baby

Hey baby,

To be honest, I tried to find a better size comparison  than an iceberg lettuce, because really? Not only an iceberg lettuce is totally smaller than the cauliflower from week 27, but it's also bland and makes little sense. Couldn't find one, so we're stuck for the week, sorry.

Speaking of stuck, I am stuck with a horrible cold (again!) and feeling miserable.
At about the same time the cold arrived, my friend Jennie arrived to stay for a week, so instead of a boring pregnant friend, she got a boring pregnant sick friend! Not much fun for her, but I really enjoyed her company this week.
After she arrived on Monday, we had a great day in town and barbecue with our group of friends. On Tuesday and Wednesday we did nothing but play with Pepsi and yesterday we visited Kirsty at her house, after pie at the Darfield Bakery. Good pies and good times! I'm a bit sad I had to drop her off at the bus this morning, I miss my girl friends terribly.
Overall a nice week, but I'm feeling like a tractor has run me over with a heavy roller and left dark circles under my eyes.
You, on the other hand, are probably practicing your aerobics routine, with a special interest in  jazz-exercise. This very minute, my belly looks like there's a tsunami going on inside and trying to escape.

So after all this excitement, I need a nap, so we'll keep it short and sweet.

What I'm eating and you're enjoying very much: roast chicken and creamy polenta, lemon poppy seed cake, chicken bacon and cheese pie, lots and lots of manuka honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment