What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Heaven

Hey baby!

You probably realized by now, but your mommy is fueled by music. Every minute of every day, singing, listening, thinking about it. So today I thought I'd shared this one with you; it's called "Heaven", by Bryan Adams.

This song was my favourite for many years, and this album is probably still on my Top 10 of all times because I am a sappy romantic and Mr. Adams, all the way from Canada, has a lot to say about love.

I'm a week away of turning 30 years old, taking stock of life as usual and thinking that back in the old days, when I was a 15-year-old-nerdy-chubby-eyeliner-ponytail and hairband wearing-girl, I never thought this kind of amazement would actually happen.

I assumed that life would take some turns and twists, I'd have a career, maybe a boyfriend, a flat, Sunday lunches with the family, long drives to work, that kind of normalcy, but never presumed it would really be this amazing, this far away from anything I've ever dreamt, this different and scary and exciting.

Right now, this is heaven. This is as close to perfect as one can ever hope for. And I'll tell you what? Your Daddy and I, we are far from perfect people and we have many flaws. We fight sometimes, we misunderstand each other, we struggle with expectations. We don't have a lot of money, we don't own a house, we have many unfulfilled and shattered dreams and not an inch of the glamour my old city-living-self craved. God only knows how I used to long for things I still don't have, things I see now are only made of money.

But this? Being almost 30 and in this weird world, right next to your Daddy everyday with unwavering affection, knowing we are loved by family, we have health to carry on, having you kicking around in my belly, you making me more and more beautiful and happy with each breath of expanding Bump. This is heaven.

Turning the love between two people into a real tiny person. It's a superpower, it's a blessing, it's probably the scariest thing ever, it's the best birthday present I could ever dream of.
I don't mind having to wait for it. Patience, you'll find out soon, it's a quality I possess by bucket-loads.

Heaven. Gratitude. Heaven.













No comments:

Post a Comment