What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Hannah

Hey baby!

You have people coming over here to visit now, thanks to your insanely proud Grandpa, so be nice and say thank you when people show up! =)

We had an appointment with Hannah the midwife yesterday, so I came by to let you know that we are doing very well, thank you.
Here's how it goes: We have time with Hannah every four weeks until 28 weeks, then it becomes once every two weeks (we talked about this yesterday, which means its getting close. Eeek!) then once a week until 38 weeks, then even more often, depending on how things are progressing.

The  appointment generally runs like this: I go in - she has an office at the Plunket building, we talk about how I'm feeling, if you're moving, how's my planning and everything baby-related is doing and all the weird questions I can come up with. Yesterday was spray-tans, circumcision and Nutella. Then she takes my blood pressure, which is always good, then she makes me pee on a stick to check my blood sugar, which is also always good, then she weighs me to make sure I'm not lying when I say that I only gained 1kg so far and then I lay down on the couch and she feels me up. Or more likely, she feels you up. You are growing well, she can tell by the size of The Bump. Then the best part, she uses a Doppler thingy to listen to your heartbeat, always fast and very steady.

Then I go home feeling all happy and giddy because I can hear your heartbeat and that's just the coolest thing ever.

After the appointment I took my time and wandered around Ashburton picking up bits and pieces and by the time I got home, I was exhausted, but finally did something I was looking forward to: I made something for you. Here it is, baby.
 

It matches the other thing I made for the nursery a couple of weeks ago:






I hope you like it!

Oh, and here's a picture of how I look from the outside at the moment, so you don't confuse me with all the other random people that are going to be there when you are born.


I'll be the one looking like a train-wreck, but remember, no matter how scary and scared I look at that particular moment, I love you a lot, bean!








No comments:

Post a Comment