What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 4 August 2013

Fan-girling

Hey Baby!

This is an unannounced post to say a few important things I keep forgetting to say:

First, we have a new old car that will fit you, me, Daddy, Pepsi and even the cat if he decides to come along for the ride.
Second, Austin and his family are lending you their bassinet for which I am most grateful, since you won't be using it for long, and Gian and his family are lending you their baby capsule, for which I am also most grateful, for the same reason as above.

Third and very important issue: Daddy and I have decided on a name for you, after a looot of discussion, lists, numerology and google consultations. You, my dear Bean, shall be named...are you ready for it????

Oliver Mazziotti Macario

And on that note, I have to say you are momentariously famous even before birth! This afternoon, after a little bit of snooping around, I tweeted about deciding your name for sure, after discovering that the actor who plays Geroge Weasley in Harry Potter is also named Oliver and his birthday is the same as your Daddy's.

And what do you know??? He tweeted me back!!!
Here it is:





So yeah, I'm super excited now!

I sincerely hope you like your name.

I also hope you are kind, smart, funny, generous, honest, pacient, calm. We hope all sorts of things for you, Bean, and on top of it all, we hope that the world will be better for you and that you get to see a lot of it in your life, for there is no greater knowledge than seeing the world with your own eyes.

So I'll always give you a home, but I hope I can also give you wings.



No comments:

Post a Comment