What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 8 September 2013

Week 24 - Grapefruit Baby

Hey baby!

Right now is Sunday night after a glorious weekend of sunshine that made Daddy and I go out and about and laugh and enjoy every second of his time off.

The highlight of it all was you, of course. We got you a stroller! It was most exciting buying it, but getting it home and assemblying all its bits and pieces was a challenge, so I'll say that was parenthood challenge number 2, check! (First one, I assume, is not running away screaming in panic once the test is positive. I didn't, so, check!)

And the cherry on the transportation sundae was visiting Gian and picking up the capsule we borrowed, so now you're sorted to go out in style!

Just in case you're curious, the stroller we got you is this one here and its name is Bob, look:
So in the grand scheme of things, we are happily on our way, baby. You've got a pretty nursery, a cot with sheets and blankets, a stroller, nappies, a play gym, a few stuffed toys, books and some clothing. The list however, is not even close to finished. Baby monitor, Ergobaby, carseat, lots of luxuries for such a tiny creature!

We're almost 3 months away of seeing you and so much....stuff to be done! The garden is being planned as we speak and right now I'm thinking of some other things that need to be fixed (my GHD iron) and sorted (gahhh our visas) before you arrive, not to mention all the dreams I have of travelling, celebrating my birthday and even a bump photoshoot that are not likely to happen, but I can dream anyway.

Dream is cheap: there's a lesson you're never to young to learn.
Dreaming is free and it will take you everywhere!

Is actually difficult to think of anything else, really.







No comments:

Post a Comment