What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Week 23 - Pomegranate Baby

Hey baby!

Actually week 23 is almost over, but I love the word pomegranate, so I needed to register it anyway.

It's been a pretty quiet week around here. Right now there's a major storm outside, rain, hail, wind, but you and I and Pepsi and the cat are very cozy inside, just listening to the howling and eating delicious orange cake. You, bean, has made me verociously hungry, and the heartburn that follows is equally verocious.
I'm sure it's a trick designed by your genius mastermind to keep me awake, so I can stare into my own belly-button for hours on end, feeling you fly around the trapeze and jumping on the trampoline I know it's in there.

Did you know that even though you're not born yet, there's a lot of people that love you already? Yes, I mean more than 2!  Probably more than 10 even! Let's start with the family...

Pepsi and the cat, who are not "officially" people, but love you anyway. I hope...


Grandma Ligia and Grandpa Kiko (the two in the end), and Uncle Du and Antie Bru (the two pretty ones in the middle)

 
There's Grandpa Antero and Grandma Silvia


A multitude of uncles, aunties, cousins....everybody is very excited and waiting for you, bean!





Also, bean, there's another category of people, they are called "friends". They are the family your heart choses. Mum and Dad are blessed, because we have some of those too! And from the moment we told them you were joining the party, our friends became your friends too, how amazing is that?!

You weight around 500g now, lighter than a Harry Potter book, and already have so many people that love you. You have friends all the way from New Zealand to Brazil and back. And those people are going to make you laugh and cry, will get you in trouble, will help you with math problems and girl problems, will make your life better in every way just by being there. And if at some stage, they say they "know you from the womb" it's because they mean it, so no eye-rolling, young man!

It means that they know how much you were wanted and loved from the moment the little faint line showed up in our lives. In our lives and their lives. They will be your aunties and uncles and cousins and brothers and sisters. Your family from the heart.
It takes a village to raise a child, or so they say. Our village is gigantic, bean, so never fear. We'll be just fine.


What I have been doing: baking. I usually love it anyway, but I guess you love it more than I do! Meringues, focaccia, bread, cakes, pies. You name it, I'll be in the kitchen up my elbows in butter in flour! If I become a fat mama with flabby arms, I'm blaming you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment