What is this?

This is a very long, open and public letter to Baby Bean McGyver, the little boy curently residing in my belly, to be evicted in December, likely during Christmas dinner.

I promise to back everything up in print to read to him during the sleepless nights. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the title did come from a horribly catchy Gwen Stefani song that is always stuck in my jukebox brain.

I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 16 March 2014

3 months in

Hey baby!

You're 10 days away from being 3 months old, which means the newborn phase is over, the "fourth trimester" is over and we're getting into a nice groove of life.
I feel like we know something about you already, you are very much your own person and we love discovering your personality in between milk and nappies.



For example, you don't leave a single drop of milk left in a bottle, even if sleep is overcoming. You must finish it!
The magnets on the refrigerator door are fascinating to you and I can't wait till I find some really educational ones instead of random cows and cats.
Your favorite time of day, hands down, is shower time with daddy. Shower is a moment of joy and reflection and chewing on your own hand.
Remember how you were always moving inside my belly? This hasn't stopped now you're out. In fact, I'm afraid you'll keep on moving forever, like the Energizer bunny.
Nappy changing is my aerobics exercise, several times a day. You just keep stretchting when I need you to flex, flexing when you need to stretch, constantly moving all limbs in a crazy dance that leaves you and me exhausted at the end of the day. It should be a 30 sec operation of nappy out nappy in, instead it's a 3-minute string of cajoling and convincing you to help me out.
A sucker for any kind of movement, you sleep in the car seat and in the stroller about 2 minutes into a drive or walk. Occasionally, you haven't even made it to the front gate.
By now, you've mastered the front-to-back roll, but not on command.
You enjoy story time but I can tell Dumbo won't be a favorite.
Waking up is hard, isn't it? You yawn and stretch and look very dazed and confused every day. By the way, you stretch with both fists up in the air and your legs curling, like a tiny Superman getting ready to fly. And then you laugh like everyday is your birthday. Really, who wakes up laughing?!? I blame your Daddy, the morning person.
Other things you like are my singing (Yes! I finally have an audience, one that can't walk away yet!) and looking at yourself in the tiny mirror. Also, licking my banana.

Your nickname when you're born and in the hospital was Chicken and we still call you that when you're naked. Not a fan of being naked, you.
You laugh at lady nurses, doctors and waitresses. Such a ladiesman...
You enjoy Skyping and I'm pretty sure you recognize grandma and grandpa.

I'm sure I can write a lot of other things, but I really need to sleep so my brain is shutting down.
Can't wait to bake a 3-month cake =)








No comments:

Post a Comment